[Mono-list] ODBC & Mono 2.0? Mine broke.

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Mon Nov 3 15:50:17 EST 2008

> I then installed a clean mono 2.0, and just replaced the System.Data.dll in
> the gac with the System.Data.dll from 1.9.1.
> This resolved most issues, only my original problem with Progress "number of
> open cursors exceeding limit" still remained. I am wondering if that is
> connected to some changes in Garbage collection in mono 2.0.

I tried the same, and at least initially, it looks like this fixes the

I copied the System.Data.dll from an openSUSE 11 box with mono 1.9.1-6.3
to my openSUSE 11 box with mono 2.0.1-18.

> We have now decided to stay with Mono 1.9.1 for the moment, 


> and we are
> working to get away from the Progress database anyways to a standard
> PostgreSQL, and this should happen in the next months. So therefore we will
> not try to make Mono 2.0 work with Progress over ODBC.

I'm stuck using Mono with Informix, which means the lousy ODBC support
is my only option. :(

More information about the Mono-list mailing list