[Mono-list] Starting MONO ASP.NET development: Tips/Gotchas request
swami at giveexam.com
Tue Jan 22 16:02:53 EST 2008
I'm from the Windows ASP.NET world & am just starting out with Linux & Mono.
I plan to develop & run ASP.NET applications on Linux with PostGreSql. I
would love suggestions on:
1. Linux distributions: OpenSuse vs Ubuntu vs Fedora.
- I installed OpenSuse 10.1 earlier. After a kernel update &
reboot, the UI crashed & I had trouble recovering my data.
to Ubuntu, which worked without issues for me, but is lagging
behind in Mono
2. ASP.NET Server technology for deployment: Apache vs FastCGI
vs XSP. I keep hearing from friends that Apache is hard to configure, and my
attempt at installing mod_mono on Ubuntu 64 failed. Any pointers will be
3. Development tool for Linux: MonoDevelop vs Eclipse. If Eclipse,
which C# plugin is best?
4. Can someone update the roadmap for Mono 2.0 please; past dates are
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-list