[Mono-list] Which IDE?

Atsushi Eno atsushi at ximian.com
Wed Nov 21 08:54:34 EST 2007

sasha さんは書きました:
>> If you believe this must be a mono bug then there should be such a test
>> case that tests encoding conversion against
>> your default encoding (I don't know what it is) and corresponding binary
>> file (non-utf8-test file) that contains such a
>> problematic bytes. If it is supplied, then I'll take a look.
> What should i do? I can send you result of VS project publishing. But i 
> made my tests under Windows + XSP2. On windows i selected "Language for 
> non-Unicode programs" as Russian (Windows-1251 encoding). (it is in 
> "Regional and Language Options" -> "Advanced").
> Also i've made test and run it on same mono version:
> Console.WriteLine(System.Text.Encoding.Default.WindowsCodePage.ToString())
> and it showed me 1251
> So what else can i do?
File a bug explaining that encoding 1251 fails to decode your source
file that
cannot be converted correctly to correct utf16 text, on bugzilla. It
should be
attached as application/octet-stream.
The actual file is much more helpful than description.

(You may be thinking that I can save a file in iso-1251, but in reality
I can't.
The supported encodings to save are locale-dependent. Probably you cannot
save your file in shift_jis too.)

>> BTW you wrote "too many bugs" but have mentioned only one. I wonder if
>> one is too much number for you to count.
> Because i made simple (like "Hello world!") application and immediately 
> found 3 problems: encoding, parsing of '<' inside aspx, problem with 
> ObjectDataSource. When it will be fixed i'll find next bugs, but now 
> problem with ObjectDataSource is a blocker bug for me...
Hmm, sounds like you actually have only 3 with evidence. If I were you
I wonder if I choose to say "too many".

Atsushi Eno

More information about the Mono-list mailing list