[Mono-list] Compile mono in solaris
andreas.faerber at web.de
Tue Jan 30 20:28:10 EST 2007
I've finally managed to compile Mono (184.108.40.206) on Solaris 10 x86
> It's been a while since we've had a valid build solaris from
> Our solaris x86 box went down, and the build is failing on sparc.
Any specifics on the failure?
> In general though, you should be able to find the necessary deps from
> either sunfreeware.com or blastwave.org. Solaris 10 comes with
> most, if
> not all, the deps.
>> From there, the process is similar to what you'd do on Linux.
Rubén, these resources have been helpful for me:
mono.aspx (Solaris) (new address!)
>> I would like compile the last sources in SVN for Solaris. Could
>> tell me the steps that I have to follow?
I figured the easiest would be to use Solaris' gcc (3.4.3) installed
to /usr/sfw/bin (instead of fetching a gcc from somewhere else just
1) patch /usr/lib/pkgconfig/gthread-2.0.pc to replace the -mt option
(see Jonel's blog)
2) set your PATH to include /usr/sfw/bin
3) configure (or for SVN: autogen) with -with-tls=pthread and use the
following environment variables:
optionally also RANLIB=granlib and STRIP=gstrip
Solaris' ld and nm from /usr/ccs/bin (autodetected by configure)
appear to work fine
I also did -with-libs=/usr/sfw/lib and -with-includes=/usr/sfw/
include just in case
not sure if CFLAGS=-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS is still needed, I
haven't tried recompiling without it yet
5) gmake install
6) optionally include Mono's bin in your PATH and its lib/ in
Notice that mkbundle fails in gmake check on invoking "as" if you do
not export AS=gas and CC=gcc.
For me, 4 CodeDom tests failed as well as lter on a number of zlib
test and some with hostname errors, afterwards gmake check fails -
still working on that part... doesn't seem to be too severe though.
Some issues with mono-service I reported from Jonel's 1.1.13
Blastwave package are still unsolved (http://lists.ximian.com/
pipermail/mono-list/2006-March/030803.html), I will shortly file a
bug report as it seems I didn't at the time. I also noticed an issue
with the new mono-service2 that will likely be evident on other
platforms as well, an incorrect assembly (mono-service2.exe) is being
More information about the Mono-list