[Mono-list] Mono.Addins 0.3 released
lluis at ximian.com
Wed Dec 19 07:03:35 EST 2007
I'm pleased to announce the release of Mono.Addins 0.3.
Mono.Addins is a generic framework for creating extensible applications,
and for creating libraries which extend those applications.
The 0.3 release comes with many bug fixes and some improvements and new
* Added support for Localization of Add-ins
* Add-in roots can now have dependencies on other add-in roots,
and extend extension points defined by those.
* Added support for non-shared add-in folders. Add-ins located in
such folders won't be visible from other non-shared folders.
Folders containing add-in hosts are non-shared by default, which
means that different installations of the same application won't
interfere each other anymore.
* The add-in scanner is now more robust and it is better in
reporting scanning errors.
* Fixed some issues in the add-in loader, which did not detect
add-in changes the first time the host application was started.
* New AddinTreeWidget widget in the Mono.Addins.Gui, which can be
used by applications to show a tree of add-ins.
* Some minor improvements in the API.
If you are interested in knowing more about Mono.Addins, take a look at
You can download a tarball from:
Latest from SVN at:
More information about the Mono-list