[Mono-list] Need tips for Mono Presentation to .NET User Group
tom at opgenorth.net
Wed Aug 8 16:15:49 EDT 2007
On 8/7/07, John Anderson <sontek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, I'm doing a presentation to our .NET User Group on mono, I was
> wondering if there is anything you guys think I should cover
I have a Mono presentation geared towards Windows developers. Some
other things I explain:
* Background: shows that Mono just isn't some flash in the pan.
* Current commercial use of Mono: shows that it is being used in the
* Roadmap: what is coming in Mono, Olive, WinForms2, etc.
* Licensing: explain the GPL/LGPL, and MIT licences (pointing out that IANAL)
* Tools: MonoDevelop, SharpDevelop, MS Visual Studio
* A demo of the .NET PetShop ported to Mono and MySQL. I compile it
under Windows, xcopy deploy to a Linux box (VMWare image), and then
run the application under Linux. Sometimes I do it backwards too.
More information about the Mono-list