[Mono-list] io-layer naming issues on OSX.

Robert Jordan robertj at gmx.net
Tue Oct 17 17:52:27 EDT 2006

Andreas Färber wrote:
>> Please provide some kind of self-containing test case.
> The attached Objective-C source file Test.m contains the code to  embed 
> the Mono runtime within an Xcode plugin. Create a loadable  Cocoa bundle 
> project. Set as strings in Info.plist NSPrincipleClass  to MCSPlugin, 
> LoadAtLaunch to YES, XCPluginHasUI to NO; set the  bundle extension to 
> pbplugin. Link with Cocoa framework, Mono  framework, and the 
> system-private frameworks DevToolsCore (not sure  if necessary) and 
> DevToolsInterface (defines PBXLSPlugin). To  execute, copy .pbplugin to 
> /Library/Application Support/Apple/ Developer Tools/Plug-ins and 
> (re-)start Xcode; read Console output  during Xcode startup.
> It expects to find an executable assembly Test.exe in Contents/ 
> Resources but as the error is already with mono_jit_init this  shouldn't 
> matter. Oh, and I've only tested your proposed workaround  on Intel, 
> where the problem occurred in the first place. (doing some  more proofs ;)

That's rather a cookbook than a self-containing test case ;-)
Please provide the complete Xcode project.

I tried an own Cocoa app and a Cocoa bundle. Both were working,
the latter with the environ 'trick'. So before starting to rename
those symbols, I'd like to be convinced that it can't be fixed by
removing/adding some smart linker option.


More information about the Mono-list mailing list