[Mono-list] Blam Unicode Issue?

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Tue Apr 25 09:26:25 EDT 2006


Yousef Raffah schrieb:
> On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 14:34 +0200, Andreas Färber wrote:
>> Yousef Raffah schrieb:
>>> On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 20:48 +0900, Atsushi Eno wrote:
>>>> Yousef Raffah wrote:
>>>>> http://bandar.raffah.com/wp/?feed=rss2      
>> I had a look at the screenshot and checked your HTTP headers but
>> unfortunately there's an HTTP error page right now... ;-)
>> ("Error establishing a database connection")
> Hello Andreas,
> I'm not sure which URL you are referring to but you can check the
> followings:
> http://yousef.raffah.com/?feed=rss2
> http://bandar.raffah.com/wp/?feed=rss2
> http://www.turkionline.com/tblog/?feed=rss2
> http://www.smartinfo.com.sa/fouad/?feed=rss2
> They all show the same problem :(
I checked the URL I quoted! :-)

Now I also checked the first new link - it does display correctly in the
browser but still, like the one I checked before, has the Content-Type
set as text/html; charset=UTF-8. Not sure if this has anything to do
with the Blam problem as I don't use or know Blam, but you should
correct this anyway in your PHP code with header("Content-Type:
text/xml; charset=UTF-8"); or similar. Maybe Blam is trying to deduce
the encoding from the charset attribute and failing because the MIME
type is unexpected.
All other links quoted above show the same problem, with only the
charset value varying.

Best regards,

More information about the Mono-list mailing list