[Mono-list] SRPMS?

Ben Maurer bmaurer@ximian.com
Wed, 11 May 2005 12:15:09 -0400

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 21:51 -0400, Gregory Hayes wrote:
> Ben,
> Thanks for the reply! I tried to rebuild the SRPMS but ran into two problems:
> 1. The declaration "Copyright" is now changed to "License" and the use
> of "Copyright" is depreciated.
> 2. All files must be packaged now (not sure how to explicitly ignore
> them). This means the /usr/lib/*.a and *.la files but be declared in
> %files
> I also did some cleanup (adding %macros, etc). Feel free to use what
> you like. I attached the SPEC and a diff from the orig.

These spec files are not generated manually, they are done via ximian
buildbuddy. So the manual changes (eg, cleanups) don't really help.

A few comments:
      * It is incorrect to not depend on the *specific* libgtkhtml
        version you use. Otherwise, you can get stuff that is broken.
      * %{_libdir}/mono is wrong, you need to use %{_prefix}/lib/mono.
        On 64 bit systems .net stuff still goes into /usr/lib

-- Ben