[Mono-list] Nemerle 0.2.10 released
Michal Moskal <email@example.com>
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:09:17 +0200
We are pleased to announce the 0.2.10 release of the Nemerle compiler
and the language.
Nemerle is a high-level statically-typed programming language for the
.NET platform. It offers functional, object-oriented and imperative
features. It has a simple C#-like syntax and a powerful meta-programming
Features that come from the functional land are variants, pattern matching
and type inference and parameter polymorphism (aka generics). Meta-system
allows great compiler extensibility, embedding domain specific languages,
partial evaluation and aspect-oriented programming.
The source tarball can be downloaded from:
MSI, DEB and RPM packages (as well as the source tarball of course)
as usual from:
The binary packages may have a small lag to the source release.
New features in this release include (from the NEWS file). This list can
be also found nicely htmlized in a blog post:
0.2.10, Mar 31 2005
This is another preview before 0.3.0. We have fixed a handful of bugs
and decided to give it another shot.
About 100 svn commits has been made since the last release.
* There is Nemerle NAnt task included in the distribution.
* The XSP (ASP.NET) integration has been tested and documented,
please refer to http://nemerle.org/wiki/ASP.NET
* We do not support binary installation from tarball -- bootstrap is
now always required.
* A Nemerle syntax file genShi has been added to the distribution and is
now used in our Wiki for colorizing sources.
* Tests are now run using Nemerle.Compiler.dll as a library -- it is
a lot faster.
* New -greedy- option to disable recursive loading of assemblies.
* We now support Windows style /options.
* Yet incomplete support for new(), class() and struct() generic
* The SQL macros should now compile fine.
* We now support creation of delegates from external static functions.
* Installation issues with and without antlr should be now resolved.
* Error message involving types and custom attributes should be better
* Quotations in response files are handled properly now.
* Documentation updates.
* Snapshots/SVN now use * as last part of assembly version, which should
cure all already-installed-to-the-GAC build problems.
* We treated type as a generic type with no arguments. This is fixed
Fixed bugs from our bugtracker ( http://nemerle.org/bugs/ )
* #302: there should be nemerle.pc file
* #334: Custom operators are not looked up properly (there is still
some issues here)
* #340: Enum options with lowercase name are wrongly understood in patterns
* #362: access rights are not checked for property accessors
* #372: Typer crashes when match results are first System.Enum then null
(matching enum values)
* #375: ice in null pattern exhaustiveness check
* #377: wrong error message for accessing instance from another class
* #380: nemerle from MSI package have problems with loading
Nemerle.Macros properly [a killer bug]
: Michal Moskal :: http://nemerle.org/~malekith/ :: GCS !tv h e>+++ b++
: You can't blame yourself for what gorillas did :: UL++++$ C++ E--- a?