[Mono-list] Using SQLite, Mono and Monodevelop
alessandro-bottoni at libero.it
Wed Jun 22 11:56:23 EDT 2005
Many thanks for your help, Thomas.
This is my first attempt to use Mono and Monodevelop so I'm still confused
about their real structure.
Anyway, this platform is fantastic:
- Debian is fantastic. Thanks to apt-get and Synaptic you can go back and
forth between program versions without worring about dependencies.
- Mono is fantastic: it is like Java but it is faster (at least on my Debian),
more elegant (thanks to C#) and, most important, it is a real Open Source
- Monodevelop is fantastic: it is easy to use and feature-rich. It is almost
better than KDevelop and Anjuta (that are years older and should be much more
mature than Monodevelop).
- SQLite is fantastic: it is like MS Jet but much more elegant and completely
- GTK# and Glade/libglade are fantastic: a very strong challenger for
Windows.Forms (and can even load a XML UI definition file at run-time).
Now I have a couple of good news to tell to my friends and collegues the next
time we go out for a beer.... :-)
Many thanks for your valuable work, to you and all of the people involved in
the development of Mono.
More information about the Mono-list