[Mono-list] webservice HTTP 500 - SOLVED

James Fitzsimons james.fitzsimons at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:41:50 EDT 2005

Hi Carl and list,

Thanks for all your help. I finally managed to figure out what the
problem was. Interestingly I figured it out at work on a MS machine. The
MS .NET framework displays exactly the same (IMHO totally incorrect )
error message when using the web service I was trying to get working on
my linux box at home.

> My .asmx now looks like this:
> <%@ WebService Language="C#" Class="Hello,Hello" %>

I told a little lie here when I wrote that, although I didn't realise it
at the time. My actual .asmx file looked like this:

<%@ WebService Language="C#" Class="HelloWorld.Hello,Hello" %>
// created on 09/07/2005 at 23:39

That was how MonoDevelop created it. Now as you can see it has a comment
underneath. Instead of causing a parser error (as it probably should)
this causes a totally bizzare System.TypeLoadException to be reported!

Very strange. Anyway, moral of the story - no comments in your .asmx

James Fitzsimons
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://galactus.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-list/attachments/20050711/10b2de23/attachment.bin

More information about the Mono-list mailing list