[Mono-list] Status of Mono's garbage collector
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:32:10 +0100 (MET)
I have a few questions concerning the status of Mono's garbage collector:
1. Does Mono still use the Boehm garbage collector? (in the following, I
assume it does)
2. Is memory management of CLI objects separated from the internal memory
management of the runtime, i.e., does the Mono runtime depend on gc for
memory allocated outside the CLI space? Or is such memory explicitly free'd?
3. Does Mono's gc use the layout information of CLI objects, i.e., is it
exact at least in the CLI space?
4. When running some non-trivial programs using Mono, the heap size can
increase monotonic with the running time of the program. What is the
dominating factor for this behavior: memory fragmentation due to the
non-compacting gc or memory leaks due to the inexact gc?
5. Does Mono use the incremental mode of the Boehm gc?
6. Are there any concrete plans to eventually replace the Boehm gc by an
exact, compacting gc? What are the next steps towards this?
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ SupergŁnstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl