[Mono-list] What's the easiest way to...
s.scarciglia at hyperphar.com
Fri Dec 2 09:13:40 EST 2005
...store application settings ?
The problems to solve are:
1. Cross platform-application means:
- no Gconf (Gnome)
- no .configfiles in the home directory (*nix)
- no registry (Win*)
2. INI.style files (name=value) or XML file ?
3. Where to save this file ? App Install folder or sys config folder (/etc/ or
4. Related to previous problem, what about permissions ??!!
Any suggestion ?
In my opinion the best way is to save an XML file in the user home folder as an
hidden file (for Unix users) and in the app. installation folder for Windows
Users. What do you think about this solution ?
More information about the Mono-list