[Mono-list] Dll loading failure
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:05:44 +0200
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Dnia 2005-04-28 17:47, U?ytkownik Michal Moskal napisa?:
> How did you compile asm->dll?
1) nasm -f elf dodaj.asm -o dodaj.o
2. ld --shared --soname dodaj.so -o dodaj.so dodaj.o
1) nasm -f coff dodaj.asm -o dodaj.o
2) /opt/xmingw/bin/i386-mingw32msvc-ld --shared -no-undefined
- --export-all-symbols -o dodaj.dll dodaj.o
A dll file created this way _does_ work when running myfile.exe on
windows. On linux - it doesn't (well, I don't know this for real, cause
I still can't force mono to search for his dlls in `pwd`)
> The file needs to be in the ELF format, linked as a shared library.
So, are you trying to tell me, that it is impossible to use dll files
with mono and DllImport?
> Specifically using dll from Windows won't work.
I don't think I'm following you :-\ As far as I know, dll is a
windows-specific format. Which dlls will work, then?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----