[Mono-list] GDI+ problems on 1.0.4
Dilton McGowan II
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:02:44 -0800 (PST)
Thank you all for looking at this.
We cannot build production products by mixing and
matching various source builds. I'm trying to
determine if there is a bug in 1.0.4 or if I do not
have a correct system configuration.
Here is what I did:
1) Started with a new SuSe system
2) Went to the Mono downloads page and got the source
for 1.0.4 for the Runtime and libgdiplus.
3) Build the Runtime and libgdiplus.
4) Build my test program.
5) Test it unsuccessfully.
6) Went to the SuSe 9.1 RPM page and installed the
RPMs from "Optional Dependencies: Required for Cairo
or System.Drawing use."
7) It still fails.
Why does 1.0.2 have this RPM:
mono-drawing-1.0.2-1.ximian.9.1.i586.rpm but not
--- Ravindra Kumar <email@example.com> wrote:
> Thanks Peter, for clarifying this for me.
> Here are some more points I'd like to add to answer
> Dilton's queries.
> >>> "Peter Dennis Bartok" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> 11/24/04 4:48 AM >>>
> >>>>>> Dilton McGowan II <email@example.com>
> 11/24/04 2:59 AM >>>
> >>What are SVN and HEAD? Are these CVS terms? I'm
> >>trying to fix this *yet* as much as I'm trying to
> >>determine what is broken.
> >So is Ravindra. He's trying to narrow down changes
> to the
> >code to determine what could be broken.
> I hope you had a look at my subsequent mail too.
> I had requested you to try libgdiplus from mono-1-0
> branch. Basically, we have two separate branches on
> SVN (earlier we had CVS), mono-1-0 and HEAD. HEAD
> means the latest code available. We are maintaining
> mono-1-0 separately to fix the bugs of 1.0 release.
> Now, the code you sent in your mails works fine here
> for me, that means HEAD is working fine for me. I
> have mono-1.0.4 installed, so I just suggested you
> to try
> using the latest libgdiplus from mono-1-0 branch or
> mono-1.0.4 was released from mono-1-0 branch.
> FYI, we checkin the bug fixes in HEAD as well as
> so there are chances that the bug you are hitting
> have been fixed already. As you can see, it does not
> appear on my machine with HEAD.
> By doing what I suggested, you would have helped me
> knowing, whether bug has been fixed already or not ?
> >> Is there any specific reason for you to use
> >>libgdiplus and System.Drawing from 1.0.4 release ?
> >Uhm..yes, it's RELEASE'D, isn't it?
> >I believe the intent of the question to figure out
> if you could be
> helped by
> >simply switching to a newer version which does not
> appear to have the
> >problem/bug you are running into. In order to find
> that out he has to
> >whether there is a 'specific' reason.
> Well, there are two ways to look at any bug, either
> I make a
> setup similar to yours or you make a setup similar
> to what I
> can have here easily and then we try to reproduce
> the bug.
> Actually, I asked this Q just to know, if it would
> be possible
> for you to try out things from SVN. Some people are
> particular about changing their setup and do not
> want to
> touch it. In that case, I would need to create a
> similar setup
> to reproduce the bug.
> >>Are you supporting or refuting my potential
> >>that GDI *may* be broken in 1.0.4 RELEASE, not cvs
> >>yesterday, today or 1:00 AM tomorrow
> >>RELEASE. I am trying to determine if I should log
> >>bug against Mono 1.0.4 RELEASE so at least,
> >>using and depending on 1.0.4 RELEASE will know
> that it
> >>is flawed and they may have to go back to an
> >>RELEASE'D version of Mono or wait for a future
> >As Ravindra pointed out, a future RELEASE may not
> expose/have the
> >anymore, it may already be fixed since he could not
> reproduce. Which
> is why
> >he asked you to try a newer version from svn to
> confirm or refute
> I'm not at all refuting your pointing. I just want
> to make sure,
> if this bug is still there with the code that we
> have on SVN
> right now ? If yes, we would love to fix it.
> Please keep in mind, that your code works for me
> with HEAD
> version. I tested it before replying to your mail.
> Since, we
> checkin the bug fixes to HEAD as well as mono-1-0
> there is high probability that this must have been
> already, may be after 1.0.4 release was done.
> HEAD version would have failed for me.
> Well, if you don't want to try out what I suggested,
> file a bug, we would look into it.
Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! - What will yours do?