[Mono-list] usage of the mailing list
Wed, 19 May 2004 10:26:42 +0100
> nobody take care about me, how do i answer to one subject instead of
> creating new .... idont like flooding but i take apart of the mailing
> lists, so sorry ;(
1. If you're starting a new thread, start a new thread
2. If you have two concurrent threads which cover the same material,
merge them together, but ensure you put in the subject either [MERGED]
or (was ....)
3. As you've found, you need to wait before posting again!
Bigger things, though not rules
1. Get an email client that wraps correctly!
2. Don't top post (i.e. putting the answer before the question). A lot
of the time, the postings on mailing lists require technical/detailed
information and trying to figure out what goes were is a pain and leads
to confusing. I know of some who point blank refuse to reply to
3. Be nice. Remember, just about everyone on here is donating time to
make things better for everyone else (I've done it often enough from
both sides), so unlike a telephone helpline, replies may be slow, but
getting irate won't help.
Hope that's useful.
"Your lives are in the hands of men no smarter than you or I, many of
them incompetent boobs. I know this because I worked alongside them,
gone bowling with them, watched them pass me over for promotions time
and again. And I say ... This stinks!" - Homer Simpson
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name=signature.asc
Content-Description: This is a digitally signed message part
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----