[Mono-list] Running Mono on Mac OS X Write up
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:28:37 -0500
very interesting write-up. I have a few questions :
1) Do you want to submit that for inclusion in the mono documentation ?
We could use a MacOS HOWTO.
2) You chose not to include the boehm gc. I think we need that on MacOS
3) Have you tried to build GTK# on MacOS ? I am having problems getting
bonobo-activation2 to build and it's a dependency of gnomeui which is a
dependency of GTK# (for some stuff) ?
4) Would it be best for most people to get Mono from the Daily Snapshot
(irregular) or the release instead of the anon CVS
5) What's your success in using the JIT on MacOS especially for large
compilation (so mcs on mono, not mint).
On Mar 3, 2004, at 11:51 PM, Griffin Caprio wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have recently built and installed Mono on my powerbook, running Mac
> OS X 10.3. Since there is no real help out there for users of the
> Mac, I have written up the steps required in order to build Mono.
> Below is the link.
> Hope that this will help others. I will keep updating the page with
> any new information, or add anything that I forgot.
> Griffin Caprio
> Mono-list maillist - Monofirstname.lastname@example.org