Sun, 05 Jan 2003 10:21:32 +0100
Miguel de Icaza wrote:
>>Where exactly do we want to add this (also with regards to implementing
>>Microsoft.JScript) - directory?.
>>Do we want to add this 'as' Microsoft.JScript, or do we want to 'glue'
>>this in with a Microsoft.JScript wrapper that calls JANET?
>Initially, we should host Janet on its own module, for the sake of
>keeping it on its own release schedule.
>Once it matures, we can probably move it into `mcs/class/Janet', and
>then put the bridge/compatibility classes in
Ok, so that means I need to add a janet module to cvs at the same level
as mcs, mono, gtk-sharp, etc (am I allowed to do that?)?
Some more questions:
* The current JANET license is GPL, is that ok? (since I think the class
libraries are distributed under the MIT license)
* is it's name (in CVS) janet, Janet, JANET, or something else?
* is the current split in assemblies ok (PrettyPrinter.dll,
JPrimitive.dll, JObjects.dll, etc)? or should we have a single JANET
* do you have Steve's 'TODO' list?
* I would like to have a directory structure similar to the way it will
eventually be put under mcs/class, so I'm thinking of the following
directory structure, is this ok? (you need to strip the module name off
everything for things to be put under /mcs/class):
janet/janet/ (Assembly topdir)
janet/janet/janet/ (janet itself)
janet/Microsoft.JScript/ (Assembly topdir)
janet/Microsoft.JScrtip/Microsoft.JScript/ (bridge/compatility classes)
* Does anyone have any pointers to reference documentation (ECMAScript
3), test programs, etc?
* Andrew: did you have any time yet, to work on this? (since you
mentioned you were interested to work on this)