[Mono-list] ODBC.NET Data Provider Update
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 01:00:18 -0400
For those that are following the life and times of the ODBC provider...
I've updated the provider significantly. It should now work on Linux and
Windows. SqlSharp has also been updated to work with the provider.
Here's the low down...
- Added OdbcTransaction Object and moved transaction logic out of connection
and into new object.
- Support for DSN-less connection strings
- Fixed OdbcType enum to have correct values
- General cleanup on all objects
- Implemented Cancel in OdbcCommand
- Added DBNull support
- Updated OdbcType enum with values from header files.
- Modified column description code to happen dynamically as a column is
accessed instead of describing all columns when the query opens
- Works with SqlSharp
- Implemented GetSchemaTable for OdbcDataReader
- Transaction Isolation Level isn't handled
- A number of data types are returned as strings instead of native types
- Parameter support is weak -- only supports int types
- ExecuteReader: CommandBehavior isn't implemented
- ExecuteScalar not implemented
- Need better error handling
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.