[Mono-list] ConvertTest reveals runtime bug

Krister Hansson ds99krha@thn.htu.se
Fri, 17 May 2002 09:53:15 +0200

> Hi.  When I run the new ConvertTest we just received, mono gives this
> output:
>  ./mono NUnitConsole_mono.exe
> MonoTests.System.ConvertTest,corlib_linux_test.dll
>  .
> (process:5920): ** ERROR **: file codegen-x86.c: line 5792
> (mono_burg_emit_254): should not be reached
> aborting...
> Trace/breakpoint trap


I also got that error when I ran ConvertTest.cs by itself. But it seems to like it works when runnig AllTests.cs. Maybe you could fill me in in why.

> Since NUnit is only spitting out one dot, and the Test*() methods are
> usually run in reverse order compared to their physical order in the
> source, I guess that the problem is happening in
> TestFromBase64CharArray().
> BTW, there is no such file as 'codegen-x86.c' as reported by the assert.

nope, but there is a 'codegen-x86.po'. Not that I know what that does but...

Also I get that error even if I remove all base64 tests...maybe it is something in the way we set it up

> Nick D.