[Mono-list] Status of Bison port to C#

Andreas Rasmussen andreas@lysator.liu.se
24 Feb 2002 12:34:34 +0100

On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 08:00, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> I would not mind moving to Bison, provided that the resulting parser
> will not make me change the current source code (which might be needed
> if they are not structurally the same).  

If moving to another parser would require additional modifications to
the overall structure of the source code, wouldn't it be better to do it
right now rather then wait until everything else is in place. 

> I currently would rather spend my time in fixing other areas of the
> compiler than porting from one parser to another, for very little 
> gain (because I would still have to write the recovery code :-)

If there's very little to gain, why do you guys even consider porting
from one parser to another?