Miguel de Icaza
16 Dec 2002 15:25:44 -0500
> OK. Has somebody defined a strategy for this implementation? Jaime, maybe
> you have some ideas.
> I've some spare time now, and I could help on this.
Ok, I spoke to Jaime and he said that he is working in the utility
classes/functions for SoapServices and RemotingConfiguration. That
leaves the doors open to a lot of interesting pieces of Remoting.
* There are many classes that contain [MonoTODO]s and
throw a NotImplementedException in the various namespaces.
* System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels is missing various of the
* No tests exist to test the functionality of the existing code
* In the System.Runtime.Remoting assembly, we could use an
implementation of the S.R.R.Channels.Http classes (5 classes,
and they are fairly well self-contained).
* The S.R.R.Channels.Tcp code has a bunch of NotImplemented
* Many classes in S.R.R.Contexts in corlib are missing
For a list of pending code, you can check the status web pages:
(Sadly the remoting assembly is not on the web, but on the positive side
its missing a lot anyways ;-)
That should be a good starting point.