[Mono-list] solution for Thread::Abort()
08 Aug 2002 17:25:51 +0200
One solution to implement Thread::Abort() would be to use pthreds_kill()
to raise a signal in thread to abort. The signal handler of that thread
can then impl. the Abort() functionality (realy abort - or catch the
(Un)fortunately there are no signals on windows, and it is not possible
to do things like pthreds_kill() - at least I don't know how.
Patrik pointed me to a possible solution on:
1. Suspend the Thread: SuspendThread ();
2. get the thread context: GetThreadContext();
3. modify the IP in the context, we can also store argumnets we
want to pass in the context (in other registers).
4. set the thread context: SetThreadContext();
5. resume the thread: ResumeThread();
After ResumeThread() that thread jumps to the modified IP, which is a
special exception handler. That handler can simple call
arch_handle_exception to do the work. We just need to implement those
function in io-layer, then we can use the same code on unix.
The question is if its possible to implement a pthread based
ResumeThread() function which uses a modified context?