[Mono-docs-list] Monodoc web urls

jluke@users.sourceforge.net jluke@users.sourceforge.net
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:45:30 -0400


I used a the earlier Wwwgenerator.cs and mono-hrefreplace.xsl from
philippe to transform the url's in the monodoc "content" frame before
sending them to the clients.  While this works, it adds another
transformation and is a little slower.

The reason for doing this is that currently the links in the content
frame are: probably not valid, do not work with all browsers, and
already beginning to require special cases (for the IE file:/// stuff). 
Doing it before it is sent would fix all these reasons and I think a
better way of doing it.

So I am asking if it would be better to do as I did above, or require
providers to support outputting web-style and internal-style urls.  (I
think this is easy for ecma docs, not sure about other providers).