[Mono-dev] List of cleanup candidates for Mono 4.0
alex.koeplinger at outlook.com
Thu Nov 27 16:01:32 UTC 2014
Judging from the recent version bump in git to 3.99 it looks like the next release after 3.12 will be Mono 4.0.
As this is a major release it'll allow us to remove some cruft that is no longer needed, so I thought I'd start a list of things I'd like to see removed:
* net2.0/4.0 profiles -> this is already in progress
* gmcs/dmcs -> they just redirect to mcs now and without the 2.0 etc profiles it doesn't make sense to still have them
* EntityFramework -> apart from the fact that we ship a horribly outdated version right now, I see no reason to include this hefty 5+MB DLL in Mono given that EF is open-source and available on NuGet
* aspnetwebstack (i.e. MVC+WebApi) -> same reasons as for EF, open-source and on NuGet, should be used from there
* Rx -> I'm not really familiar with this one, but I think it's also on NuGet+open source
I'd love to hear your comments/thoughts on this :)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-devel-list