[Mono-dev] mono 2.11.4 on Windows "GetThreadContext failed"

Frank Fuchs fk.fuchs at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 19 10:29:39 UTC 2012

I'm using mono-2.11.4 on Windows 7 in 32 bit and 64 bit for embedding
into my C++ application. Since updating from an rather old 2.6.4 mono
I'm getting an error "GetThreadContext failed" from the GC every now
and then (there seems to be no pattern). The same error occurs with
mono-3.0.1 both for 32 bit (directly downloaded from mono-project.com)
and 64 bit (self compiled with external Boehm GC - the same as I used
for 2.6.4).

I don't use any antivirus software (in my virtual test machine) so I
can exclude this as the reason.

The only solution I found up to now was to mess with the GC itself and modify

   if (!GetThreadContext(THREAD_HANDLE(thread), &context))
-       ABORT("GetThreadContext failed");
+      return thread->stack_base;

At least it works, but may be some of you could fix this in a better way.


More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list