[Mono-dev] Compiling Mono with Visual Studio and .pdb files

Marek Safar marek.safar at gmail.com
Tue May 29 07:46:17 UTC 2012

Hi J-M,
> I have ironed out most issues I had to get to compiling a large part 
> of the assemblies in VS/msbuild from scratch. What was the scope of 
> the cleanup you are undertaking? I'd like to put in a pull request, 
> but would like to have an idea of the scope of your change to minimise 
> duplicates/differences. I use mostly SVN so the procedure to put in a 
> pull request will be a learning experience.
Great, just send a pull request and I'll review it.
> I've added a few modifications to a couple of makefiles, but by and 
> large the bulk is in the genproj.cs file. The key changes were:
> - The msbuild compilation targets (for v4.0) always adds a reference 
> to System.Core behind one's back. I've found a way to turn this off 
> using the csproj template.
That was on my TODO list as well but didn't look at it yet.
> - Cyclic dependencies are flattened out and avoid reusing identical 
> build output paths, to improve clarity and robustness.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-devel-list/attachments/20120529/b22b3a75/attachment.html>

More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list