[Mono-dev] Machine certificate store not working in Ubunut10.10/Mono 2.6.7
brad.robinson at cognethos.com
Sun Oct 17 19:58:07 EDT 2010
I've been trying to get SSL working on Mono 2.6.7 under Ubuntu 10.10...
Using a simple test program to request https://www.google.com (note the
https), I found this:
* Clean mono install, request failed due to no root certificates installed.
* Ran 'yes yes|sudo mozroots --import --machine'
* Request still failed, even though the certificates were now in
* Ran 'yes yes|mozroots --import'
* Request now works (presume using certs from ~/.config/.mono/certs/Trust)
So it seems there's some problem where the machine certificate store isn't
Further, because I was trying to actually use SSL via mod-mono-server and
DotNetOpenAuth, I needed the certificates to work for the www-data user.
Since I couldn't figure out how to use mozroots for that user I manually
copied the certificates like this:
sudo mkdir /var/www/.config/.mono/certs/Trust
sudo mkdir /var/www/.config/.mono/certs/CA
sudo cp /usr/share/.mono/certs/Trust /var/www/.config/.mono/certs/Trust
This works, but feels like a hack.
(See also this:
Am I missing something here?
View this message in context: http://mono.1490590.n4.nabble.com/Machine-certificate-store-not-working-in-Ubunut10-10-Mono-2-6-7-tp2999520p2999520.html
Sent from the Mono - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Mono-devel-list