[Mono-dev] The request timed out at HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse

mrgreen xyznyc at rocketmail.com
Sun May 16 01:29:02 EDT 2010

Wow - I can't believe I just figured this out - a few hours after posting
this topic.

The problem/fix was as follows.

My app uses Npgsql (.Net Data Provider for Postgresql), which includes two
main DLLs: Npgsql.dll and Mono.Security.dll. So, of course, these two DLLs
were being deployed in the bin folder for my app on Linux.

Well, to make a long story short: if I delete the second of these DLLs -
Mono.Security.dll - the HttpWebRequest timeout problem disappears and
everything works great.

After figuring this out, I tracked down this sentence in the Npgsql User's

"(Npgsql compiled for Mono doesn't require Mono.Security.dll as it's already
integrated in the Mono Runtime.)"

Lesson learned.

View this message in context: http://mono.1490590.n4.nabble.com/The-request-timed-out-at-HttpWebRequest-EndGetResponse-tp2218213p2218287.html
Sent from the Mono - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list