[Mono-dev] Gtk# 2.x release status and thoughts on 3.0

Vladimir Giszpenc vgiszpenc at dsci.com
Thu May 28 13:32:05 EDT 2009

> With the gtk+ 3.0 release planned in the next year, we have therefore
> decided to hold the 2.x release series of Gtk# at the 2.12 API version,
> and we plan to switch trunk from its current 2.14 target over to 3.0
> when the gtk+ team gets closer to releasing.

Is there any chance of migrating to a .Net 2.0 code base?  Generics alone
should be reason enough for moving to a 2.0 only codebase.

Depending on the status/licensing of the ParallelFx stuff and the co/contra
variant mess, it might even make sense to discuss the possibility of a newer
dependency like 4.0.

Can you make a call for all Mono consumers that want Gtk# to stay on the 1.1
profile so we can see what the obstacles are?


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
Size: 3720 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-devel-list/attachments/20090528/7b354fe0/attachment.bin 

More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list