[Mono-dev] Incremental build for mono compiler
baalazamon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 14:01:25 EDT 2009
Hi Mono Developers,
I am planning to implement background compilation for
It requires to modify mono compiler to have an incremental build feature.
I am thinking about this and from my point of view it requires from
mcs to (correct me if I'm wrong):
* The naive implementation of this just modify frontend of compiler to
have parser stage completed - quick prototype
* save metadata of compilation and internal state of compiler
* allow to compile only one modified file (If modification requires to
compile more than one e.g. change of interfaces or name of public
member additional recompilation should be made)
* Next step of this task will be to allow recompilation of only one
method for E&C feature
So I am asking for Your help with my few questions:
* Which is the best place to start ?
* Potential problems ?
* Some guidelines to do this in the "Mono" way for future integration.
It would be nice to have Your blessing in reference to this task and
to hear your comments.
Thanks a lot in advance.
More information about the Mono-devel-list