[Mono-dev] ANN: NUnit 2.5 Beta 1
charlie at nunit.com
Fri Nov 28 01:28:44 EST 2008
Well, NUnit 2,5 Beta 1 was just announced. That's good news except
for the "minor" problem that the Gui isn't working on Mono right now.
In addition, although you can run the gui on .NET 2.0 and successfully
load tests under Mono in another process, the execution either fails
unexpectedly or sometimes just loses contact with the controlling
However, I felt the release had already been delayed too long, and
it works well on Windows so I made the drop. I decided to post here
to invite folks who would like to build from source and debug it
to send me any fixes they come up with.
I plan to work on the Mono side more heavily as soon as my
new Linux machine arrives, so Beta 2 should be more directly
Here's the announcement:
Today we are announcing the first Beta release of NUnit 2.5.
This release has lots of new features, ready to use. Important
* Parameterized tests, with a set of attributes that allow you
to supply data to your tests in different ways.
* Test methods may be static and generic methods are supported.
* Generic test fixtures may be instantiated multiple times with
different type parameters.
* Tests may be run using a separate thread and the Apartment State
may be specified individually for a test, fixture or assembly.
* Tests may be run in a separate process using the CLR version
of your choice.
* A timeout value may be specified so that tests are cancelled
if they get into an infinite loop.
For the full story of this release the release notes at
http://nunit.org/?p=releaseNotes&r=2.5. You may download the
release at http://nunit.org/?p=downloads.
More information about the Mono-devel-list