[Mono-dev] System.Messaging, a (just) working implementation
atsushi at ximian.com
Fri Apr 25 05:30:26 EDT 2008
Oops, sorrry, I was dead for couple of days and after that it has dropped
from my mind for a while.
Here's my quick survey:
- You cannot add any public extra stuff (such as Mono.Messaging.* classes)
in System.Messaging.dll. You have to create another assembly (such as
Mono.Messaging.dll) and use it together with System.Messaging.dll.
It is sort of mess, as either
- System.Messaging.dll depends on your extra assembly and hence yours
cannot use any types in System.Messaging.dll (e.g. you cannot define
- your extra assembly depends on System.Messaging.dll and hence any
types in yours inside System.Messaging.dll must be used through some
reflection foo, or
- you have to run cyclic build between those two assemblies (we do it
for System.dll, System.Configuration.dll and System.Xml.dll, which is
- At least MessageQueue.Create() should be implemented (otherwise it is not
practically functional as System.Messaging.dll). It would have to be done
by some configuration support to indicate one IMessagingProvider, and it
must not be dependent on System.Configuration.dll which is 2.0-only.
- It would provide only simple part of Sys.Messaging functionality (it would
apply to any JMS/AMQP based solution). We could still go with your
bridge implementation for a while as a compromised solution though.
And as Miguel pointed out, we would have to avoid your GPLv3-based component
as run-time dependency.
I have some comments on the patch details, but I'd put my general survey
Michael Barker wrote:
> As I mentioned a couple of days ago I have a 0.0.1 version of a bridge
> between Mono and QPid. I have placed the code and a patch that adds an
> SPI to Mono on google code. http://code.google.com/p/mono-qpid/
> There is quite a bit missing from the implementation, but basic sending
> and receiving with XML and Binary formatting works.
> Michael Barker.
> Mono-devel-list mailing list
> Mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com
More information about the Mono-devel-list