[Mono-dev] [Mono-Dev] [PATCH] System.Web.Services, BasicProfile-1.1, R2401
kostat at mainsoft.com
Mon Mar 5 11:39:53 EST 2007
According to BasicProfile-1.1, R2401: A wsdl:binding element in a DESCRIPTION MUST use WSDL SOAP Binding as defined in WSDL 1.1 Section 3:
3. SOAP Binding
WSDL includes a binding for SOAP 1.1 endpoints, which supports the specification of the following protocol specific information:
* An indication that a binding is bound to the SOAP 1.1 protocol
* A way of specifying an address for a SOAP endpoint.
* The URI for the SOAPAction HTTP header for the HTTP binding of SOAP
* A list of definitions for Headers that are transmitted as part of the SOAP Envelope
This binding grammar it is not an exhaustive specification since the set of SOAP bindings is evolving. Nothing precludes additional SOAP bindings to be derived from portions of this grammar. For example:
* SOAP bindings that do not employ a URI addressing scheme may substitute another addressing scheme by replacing the soap:address element defined in section 3.8.
* SOAP bindings that do not require a SOAPAction omit the soapAction attribute defined in section 3.4.
To my understanding, this means that to violate R2401 no SoapBinding should exist. The attached patch fixes this (and aligns with MS behavior).
There is also another question: do we need to check the 1.1 conformance for SOAP 1.2? But this is a subject for another patch.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5647 bytes
Url : http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-devel-list/attachments/20070305/3d4b907d/attachment.obj
More information about the Mono-devel-list