[Mono-dev] Mono Datasets
monogwyn at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 8 05:36:09 EST 2007
I have been working with Mono Datasets and Visual Studio Dataset Designer in Linux reading the data from an XML file.
The code produced by Visual studio compiles without any warnings or errors as well as our test program.
We are reading the data from the above mentioned xml file with readxml.
After about a week of head banging, we discovered that the xmlns construct below must be present and correct.
Apparently the URL is not an issue but the .xsd must be correctly named and exist in the current directory.
Windows gives a warning if the filename and dataset name do not match but works anyway.
Windows gives no warning if it is missing but apparently picks it up from the current directory.
Now this all makes sense except:
Without the Visual Studio wrapper, in Mono, the data is read even without the xmlns directive. (It works fine)
With the Visual studio wrapper, Mono gives no warning or exception either way, it just doesn't read any data and doesn't tell you about it. The resulting tables are empty.
After a long time, we figured it out, but a warning at least would be helpful.
Perhaps there is some option to allow such warnings to be given.
Discover new ways to stay in touch with Windows Live! Visit the City @ Live today!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-devel-list