[Mono-dev] Web service client - SendOrPostCallback could not be loaded

Robert Jordan robertj at gmx.net
Tue Jul 25 10:36:35 EDT 2006


Atsushi Eno wrote:
> Hi,
> Janne Rantala wrote:
>> 2006/7/25, Atsushi Eno <atsushi at ximian.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>> Janne Rantala wrote:
>>>>>>> 2006/7/7, Atsushi Eno <atsushi at ximian.com>:
>>>>>>>> I made a fix in svn, but I have no test case for embedded
>>> scenario.
>>>>>>>> If you are using mono from svn, can you please try it?
>>>>>>>> Atsushi Eno
>>>> Hi again,
>>>> I tried that web service from embedded mono -problem again. I still get
>>>> that
>>>> "exePath must be specified when not running inside a stand alone exe."
>>>> message. Mono was built today from svn.
>>> In the previous message you wrote that you hit different error
>>> which indicates that it could successfully reached the point
>>> to read configuration XML file.
>>> Since I haven't changed any System.Configuration code, the problem
>>> would rather inside Assembly.GetCallingAssembly() which I don't
>>> know much (try this method and see if it returns something non-null),
>>> or make sure that you don't use some older version of mono.
>>> Atsushi Eno
>> Hi Atsushi,
>> Thanks for your reply. Assembly.GetCallingAssembly() returns "WSTest,
>> Version, Culture=neutral". That seems to be ok? The dll I'm 
>> using is
>> the latest one I built from svn.
> OK, try the following steps:
> - change the error message in OpenExeConfigurationInternal()
>    in the first "throw ArgumentException" in ConfigurationManager.cs
>    in mcs/class/System.Configuration/System.Configuration, to
>    whatever you like.
> - Rebuild all, and install
> - Run your application and make sure that your change is reflected.
> Your stacktrace is indeed weird to me. There is a line
>  > 
> System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection 
> (System.String configKey) [0x00000]
> which indicates that it invokes a method in an *interface* without
> any implementation class information. It makes me impossible to
> precisely keep track of the actual code execution (I haven't
> ever experienced such a situation).
> There is nothing other than ClientConfigurationSystem that invokes
> OpenExeConfigurationInternal(), thus I can only guess that the
> invoker is ClientConfigurationSystem, which uses GetCallingAssembly()
> which you said does not return null.

This is probably a problem of the VS.NET build (IIRC, Janne is using

I was never able to  reproduce this bug under cygwin (or Linux)
since the first time Janne reported it (a couple of months ago).


More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list