[Mono-dev] Validator controls expected results?
cbergstrom at netsyncro.com
Wed Jan 4 12:28:22 EST 2006
Dieter Bremes wrote:
> Christopher Bergström wrote:
>> Per the documentation.. If I have display="None" and a
>> <asp:ValidationSummary /> control then the validator control should
>> not display results inline, but the JS still executes. I found a
>> work-around by EnableClientScript="false".. bug?
>> This is in Firefox latest version.. (Haven't tested in Safari, IE,
>> Opera.. etc..)
>> This works as expected..
>> Example :
>> <asp:requiredfieldvalidator id="valPhone" runat="server"
>> Errormessage="Please enter a phone number." />
>> <asp:ValidationSummary id="vsResults" runat="server"
>> HeaderText="Results" />
>> If possible can someone send me the actual html output that MS .Net
>> produces and I'll see if I can make a patch.. I'd also like to see
>> the actual html produced in the summary control with DisplayMode=""
>> being changed to each option.. List, BulletList, SingleParagraph
>> In my patch should I not change the elements to xhtml compliant?
>> example : <br> to <br />
>> Mono-devel-list mailing list
>> Mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com
> Hi Christopher,
> .NET 1.1 works as expected + documented. I've attached four files:
> - FF_LX_NoJS.txt: EnableClientScript=False for both validators
> - FF_LX_NoJS_AfterValidate.txt: HTML after validation
> - FF_LX_JS.txt: EnableClientScript=True for both validators
> - FF_LX_JS_AfterValidate.txt: HTML after validation
> All files were produced using
> - VS.NET 2003 / .NET Framework v1.1.4322 + W2K server side
> - IE 6.0 + W2K client side (same machine)
> I also tried Firefox 1.07 + SUSE 10 OSS client side, HTML looks the same.
> Let me know if that's what you need. I will then send results for
> different DisplayMode values.
> I would not change the elements to xhtml compliance because this
> should be compatible with MS' output. They claim to be compliant in
> ASP.NET 2.0.
Just to confirm.. Firefox does work as expected for you?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20051215
Firefox/1.0.7 The only thing I could consider that might be causing some
abnormalities would be my plugins, but it's never been an issue before..
As far as changing the output I have a pretty good understanding on how
to make things xhtml compliant and also not breaking older clients.
Quick worthless tidbit.. The <br> tag is in not proper xml/xhtml.. if
you change the tag to <br/> You'll break older clients, but there is a
I've been giving some thought as to how to move it to an external file
as it should be.. Probably include make a temp file and bla bla.. Not
sure the performance impact or many things with this.. (Assuming a
strict xhtml approach)
There would be zero functionality difference and would really only be a
difference if you're parsing the raw html output and searching for those
non compliant elements..
As far as 2.0 being compliant.. I wonder which DTD(s) they claim to
validate against.. I have to look into this.. I'll find out tonight..
Thanks a lot!
More information about the Mono-devel-list