[Mono-dev] [PATCH] [VBNC] Use UTF-8 for source files

Kornél Pál kornelpal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 08:26:20 EDT 2006


Currently there are Latin 1, UTF-8 with BOM, UTF-8 without BOM and UTF-32 
with BOM source files. The attached patch converts all of them to UTF-8 
without BOM and sets /codepage:65001 for compiling. I didn't modify files 
automatically generated by the designer (they are UTF-8 with BOM). Using a 
single encoding makes code more maintainable and UTF-8 is a reliable 

Note that a lot of test source files are marked as binary so svn diff 
doesn't contain the difference. I didn't modify any character in these files 
I only converted the encoding. If you need the actual files please let me 

I also removed svn:mime-type application/octet-stream propery from 
non-binary source files.

Please review and approve the patch.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: vbnc-utf8.diff
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 64173 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-devel-list/attachments/20060822/f5fa5822/attachment.obj 

More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list