[Mono-dev] [PATCH] [VBNC] Use UTF-8 for source files

Kornél Pál kornelpal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 19:56:54 EDT 2006

> The patch is OK for me, I tried to apply it, but TortoiseSVN complains
> that the patch is out of date, so I wasn't able to do it.

I am using the original Subversion and I don't know TortoiseSVN so I don't 
know what was the problem. I committed the patch. I didn't add any entry to 
changelog.txt if you want it's up to you.

Note that if you want to ensure that line endings won't be mixed (usually 
CRLF or LF) you may want to add eol-sytle native propery to your files. This 
also ensures that people will get text files using the right encoding when 
checking out the sources. It is a useful feature of SVN but the decision is 
up to you.:)

Using snv you can set the propery easily for the entire vbnc tree like this:
svn propset svn:eol-style native -R vbnc


More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list