[Mono-dev] Mono Webservices Bug

Ko Ko kkl_sg at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 21:53:41 EDT 2005

I notice that when I run Webservice on Linux with Mono, I got some problem with Data return from web services. When I return simple data like string from web services
public string Hello()
         return "Hello";
my web application can receive the data return as string by invoking
lblHello.Text = client.Hello();
But when I try to return like DataSet from webservices 
It cannot be receive correctly as Dataset string by invoking from my webapplication like
DataSet data=client.GetDataFromWebService();
The system recognize data return from GetDataFromWebService() as XML Element instead of DataSet although I am explicitly delclare on the Webservice like
public DataSet GetDataFromWebService()
{            DataSet dataset;
             //some codes here
             return dataset;
My program works fine when I am tested with Microsoft .Net and return the data typle correctly as DataSet instead of returning the wrong type XLM Element.
Is there anyway to solve this problem?
My mono version is mono and I am running it on suse enterprise 9. The webservice itself on mono is working fine. Only when I reference the webservice to webapplication I got this problem.
The error message says
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\wa\Login.aspx.cs(62): Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Xml.XmlElement' to 'System.Data.DataSet'

The data return type is already set to DataSet. The system always think that it is XmlElement. 
Ko Ko

Reality starts with Dream 

Yahoo! for Good
 Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-devel-list/attachments/20050930/62161082/attachment.html 

More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list