[Mono-dev] Remoting URI Exception

Carlos Solorzano carlos at applianz.com
Mon Nov 21 15:56:24 EST 2005

On Nov 20, 2005, at 8:25 AM, Sebastien Pouliot wrote:

> Hello Carlos,
> On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 02:29 -0600, Carlos Solorzano wrote:
>> I upgraded my mono runtime to 1.1.10 and now the remoting code that
>> was working just fine is giving me the following exception:
>> Unhandled Exception: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: Invalid
>> port number

> This should give you an hint (port number).

But all my other calls to the same remoting object work just fine,  
its only on a complex call involving a parameter which is  
marshalbyref that I get this error. I use that same remote object two  
lines above where the error happens. I am pretty sure any port  
numbers I set are correct, not to mention this works just fine on  
ms.net and mono
Anyways, how would I go about printing out the port number? I didnt  
really see an option on the URI exception to print the URI.

> If possible try to print the Uri you're using on the Console and,  
> if it
> seems a valid Uri, post it on the list (or better a bug report).

> You may also want to try (if the Uri looks valid) SVN HEAD as many Uri
> bugs have been fixed post Mono 1.1.10 (as I'm including support for  
> some
> 2.0 features).

You are right seems like a bit of work has gone into the SVN code, I  
ran my code on the SVN mono and now the exception moved from the  
remoting server to the remoting client, but its the exact same  
exception however now I have a place where I can catch it, although  
there isn't anything I can do with it.

Any pointers will be greatly welcomed.


>> in <0x00ca9> System.Uri:Parse (System.String uriString)
>> in <0x0001b> System.Uri:ParseUri ()
>> in <0x00010> System.Uri:Parse ()
>> in <0x00098> System.Uri:.ctor (System.String uriString, Boolean
>> dontEscape)
>> in <0x0001d> System.Uri:.ctor (System.String uriString)
>> in (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Uri:.ctor (string)
>> in <0x00030> System.Net.ServicePointManager:FindServicePoint
>> (System.String uriString, IWebProxy proxy)
>> in <0x00032>
>> System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpClientChannel:SetServicePoi 
>> nt
>> (System.String channelURI)
>> in <0x002f1>
>> System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpClientChannel:CreateMessage 
>> Sin
>> k (System.String url, System.Object remoteChannelData, System.String
>> objectURI)
>> My code wasn't changed at all, I literally just installed the new
>> mono release and reran the code. I will continue adding to this email
>> as I find more information but its getting a bit late tonight.
>> --Carlos
>> _______________________________________________
>> Mono-devel-list mailing list
>> Mono-devel-list at lists.ximian.com
>> http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-devel-list
> -- 
> Sebastien Pouliot
> email: sebastien at ximian.com
> blog: http://pages.infinit.net/ctech/

More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list