AW: AW: [Mono-devel-list] System.DllNotFoundException inWindows.forms

Matthias Felgner matthiasf at
Wed Jun 15 11:03:17 EDT 2005


every time I rebuild and reinstall mono from svn the dllmap entry in my /usr/local/etc/mono/config for libX11 has an empty target as follows

<dllmap dll="libX11" target=""/>

I have to correct this entry every time I do a new install from svn.
I am running Gentoo linux.
Does anybody know what the problem is here?


-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mono-devel-list-bounces at [mailto:mono-devel-list-bounces at] Im Auftrag von Matthias Felgner
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 15. Juni 2005 12:10
An: mono-devel-list at
Betreff: AW: AW: [Mono-devel-list] System.DllNotFoundException inWindows.forms

Hi Hubert & all,

My System.Windows.Forms Problem on my Gentoo Machine is solved! Thank U all :-)

I am using SVN Sources of Mono...and as Peter suggested I checked my /usr/local/etc/mono/config file for dll mappings....There it was..."libX11" had an empty no mapping at all, I corrected the mapping and off we go with MWF :-)

Mono Debug Messages (after setting Variables Peter mentioned...) said something about "" not being loaded...

Problem solved, hope that helps Hubert...

Thanks Peter, Ben, ...


-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ben Maurer [mailto:bmaurer at] 
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 19:00
An: Peter Dennis Bartok
Cc: Matthias Felgner; mono-devel-list
Betreff: Re: AW: [Mono-devel-list] System.DllNotFoundException inWindows.forms

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 10:49 -0600, Peter Dennis Bartok wrote:
> My wild guess would be that Ben Maurers attempt to remove a dependency on 
> X11-devel libraries, and his multiple subsequent attempts and undoing the 
> breakage of his fix could be a reason why it used to work but no longer 
> does.
> You can always check your mono.config file and make sure that the x11 
> library mapping in there is accurate. Also note the env vars I pointed out 
> in another post, which allow you to trace the loading process and see what 
> it can't find.

Anyone who still has problems with this should:
      * Make sure they have a recent build. Basically, you should be
        past the 1.1.8 tag.
      * Make sure they have the X development package.
      * Do a clean build

If you still have problems please send:
      * config.log
      * data/config
      * the output of ldd `which xterm`
      * What distro you are on

Am sorry this is causing a few people problems. But this change is
really needed to ensure that users can use winforms. Without this
change, users would be required to download development libraries that
are not in the default install to get stuff working.

-- Ben

Mono-devel-list mailing list
Mono-devel-list at

More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list