[Mono-devel-list] X-develop - Mono status update
kratz at omnicore.com
Mon Jan 24 15:16:26 EST 2005
I just wanted to let you know that support for Mono in X-develop is
coming along nicely. More details below...
X-develop is a cross-platform multi-language IDE supporting the C#,
VB.net and Java programming languages and the MS .NET, Mono and Java
VMs. Our main focus are code-centric features such as on-the-fly project
checking, refactoring, smart templates, etc.
More information is available from http://www.x-develop.com.
The X-develop Preview version is already quite usable and even though
there are a few rough edges remaining we think that it can be used for
serious programming already.
When the first preview version of X-develop was released our support for
Mono was in its infancy it has much improved since:
* Support for Mono on Windows. Installed Mono frameworks are
* Autodetection of installed Mono frameworks on Linux in common
locations. If X-develop does not work out-of-the-box with packages for
your distribution please report.
* Customizable configuration in the Integration ¦ Mono section of the
* Support for building VS.net 2003/2005 projects with mcs and mbas on
Windows and Linux.
* Easy switching between different framework versions during development
(Mono 1.0/2.0 branch, MS.net frameworks on Windows)
* We are currently prototyping a Mono debugger using the Mono.Debugger
A free preview version is available for download. If you have any
questions regarding X-develop or problems getting it to work with Mono
please let me know.
More information about the Mono-devel-list