[Mono-devel-list] [patch] gacutil problems packaging monodoc

Tim Gerla tim at gerla.net
Wed Oct 20 13:29:36 EDT 2004

I've been packaging Mono and associated tools for the Specifix Linux
distribution (http://wiki.specifix.com/) and I ran into a problem
packaging monodoc. The makefile calls gacutil with a /gacpath switch
using $(DESTDIR)$(libdir) as the argument. This makes gacutil encode the
root packaging directory directly into the package, which makes things

I looked at how gtk-sharp handles gacutil, and it just does:

gacutil ... -root $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)

Taking the default gacdir from the Mono configuration, I assume.

So, I patched monodoc's browser/Makefile.am to work with Specifix's
packaging tools. The patch is attached. Perhaps a different combination
of /root and /gacutil switches is more correct, but this solves the
problem, and matches gtk-sharp.


PS: Not a member of the list--please Cc: any feedback to tim at gerla.net!

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: gacutil-root.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 590 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-devel-list/attachments/20041020/6d1a935b/attachment.bin 

More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list