[Mono-devel-list] [ANN] X-develop - a mult-language IDE for Mono, Java and .NET
kratz at omnicore.com
Mon Dec 20 07:31:43 EST 2004
We have just released a preview version of X-develop, our cross-platform
multi-language IDE for Mono, Java and .NET. X-develop offers features
that were previously only available in modern Java IDEs to C# developers
More information and a free preview version of X-develop are now
available from http://www.x-develop.com
* Instant detection of errors throughout all files
No need to compile in order to find out if there are errors. X-develop
checks all files in the solution on-the-fly in the background and
displays errors in an instant.
X-develop includes refactorings for renaming variables, methods,
classes, changing method signature, extracting methods and more.
* Productivity features
X-develop boosts productivity with coding tools such as Organize
imports, Usage search, Code formatting, Smart templates, Go to class, Go
to symbol and more.
* VS.net 2005 compatibility
X-develop uses the solutio/project concept from VS.net 2005.
Solutions/projects created for Windows can be loaded and modified with
X-develop on Linux.
Current limitations for using X-develop with Mono:
- Development for Mono is currently only supported on Linux x86.
- The Mono framework directory has to be specified using the MONO_HOME
- There is no build support for Mono within the IDE until an MSBUILD
clone is implemented.
- There is no support for running applications which would be kind of
pointless without build support.
- There is no debugging support (AFAIK, there is currently no stable
Mono debugging API).
- There is no support for displaying Monodoc comments. Monodoc uses a
totally different format compared with XML files used by Microsoft.
If you have any comments please contact us at info at omnicore.com or using
the discussion forum at http://forum.omnicore.com
More information about the Mono-devel-list