[Mono-devel-list] patch for mcs /doc (phase 1)
atsushi at ximian.com
Fri Apr 2 03:05:10 EST 2004
Currently mcs does not support XML documentation generation. So I
made an easy hack around it.
There are some TODOs:
- Currently this patch does not consider parser's look ahead,
so in some places it incorrectly consumes XML documentation
put on other members. Thus, it consumes documentation after
- For the same reason above, documentation on delegate are
never be consumed.
- I could not acquire the full type name of operator's
parameter(s) in cs-parser.jay. It would be possible
if I dug into operator resolution, but currently not yet.
(am not familiar with the compiler code ;-)
- Check for incorrect location for documentation are
insufficient. For example, documentation inside method
body will result in an inconsistent document.
- mcs never provides precise XML error location (if exists).
- There might be some XmlWriter bug around indentation (well,
it's just my TODO ;-)
Comments are appliciated.
Gert: Do you think we can use it for ndoc? (Though unstable, I know ;)
More information about the Mono-devel-list