[Mono-devel-list] rubydotnet - want to support mono
thomas at thomassondergaard.com
Sat Sep 20 09:44:24 EDT 2003
I have just released rubydotnet-0.2.0 - a ruby extension module for .net
interop. I would like to support Mono and I was wondering if I could recruit
some help here. The project is broken up into three parts
1) A ruby specific part that among other things handles type resolution for
non-ruby types. This is .net independent and would work as well for e.g.
2) A C# project I call ScriptingExtensions for .net which provides
facilities for interoperating with scripting languages. This is ruby
3) A ruby extension module implemented in managed C++. This is only about
400 lines of managed C++.
1) and 2) stays the same so to work with Mono it is a matter of molesting
the existing 400 lines of C++, factor out the common parts and implement the
bits that needs to be changed for mono.
- I'd like to know if there are any prior art on binding mono to a scripting
language. For inspiration and for ripping off :-) Also I was hoping that we
could unite our efforts and work together on ScriptingExtensions for .net
for the benefit of all scripting languages that interops with .net.
- Oh, and if you want to help please get in contact.
Project website: http://rubydotnet.sourceforge.net
More information about the Mono-devel-list