[Mono-devel-list] Corlib NUnit Failures
bmaurer at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 11 23:08:16 EDT 2003
Miguel asked me to take a look at the failures in our corlib tests. I
compiled a list of what is generally wrong. Most of these bugs are in
the runtime, so some of the runtime hackers will need to fix them.
Others are in the tests themselves. The tests make bad assumptions about
the environment. They are really easy to fix, but they just take up a
bit of time.
Without further ado, the list:
Problems with tests:
* System.IO tests
These are messed up. Right now they create / use files in ~/. They need
to work in any environment. Someone should make these call
Path.GetTempFileName () to get new files.
* System.TimeZone tests
Right now they only work for CET and EST (actually EST is very, very
* System.DateTime Tests
Do not account for time zones.
* System.Resources.ResourceReader Tests
Makes assumptions about files that are in ~/.
Problems in corlib:
* System.Decimal: Various problems with the decimal library we are
* System.Double: Something is wrong with the ToString () code. I have no
clue where to start in there.
* System.Math: No clue why TestIEEERemainder.
* System.Diagnostics: Help from person good with runtime! Please!
* System.Reflection.Emit: No clue! Probably a problem with an icall.
More information about the Mono-devel-list