[Mono-devel-list] Testing out a new MCS build system
peter at newton.cx
Sun Jun 8 00:44:17 EDT 2003
I've uploaded a newer tarball to the same location
(http://www.newton.cx/~peter/files/mcs-0.24.99.tar.gz, 4.2 megs, MD5
* New 'make monocharge-mini' target that only includes the files needed
to bootstrap (I think: I put in mcs.exe, corlib, System, and System.Xml)
* New directory build/ holding build-related files such as library.make
* Makefile fragments and response files land in one place, build/deps/,
so they don't litter the whole tree
* Instead of choosing a platform, it is autodetected or set by the
environment variables PLATFORM; this means that the same tree can be
used to build on both windows and linux. Although there might be some
issues with needing to regenerate response files. Definitely could use
some testing on win32
* Skeleton support for build profiles; 'make PROFILE=myprofile' is
possible, although now only a default do-nothing profile is supplied.
* A few documentation updates.
Share and enjoy,
Peter Williams peter at newton.cx
"[Ninjas] are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet."
-- REAL Ultimate Power
More information about the Mono-devel-list